How to get Cheap Courses
In my Resources section, I talk about different courses. There are some tips I have to get cheap courses.
- Udemy.com is a great place to get courses but they can be a bit tricky.
- They are on “sale” all the time between 9.99 to 12.99. They have dynamic pricing models so if you are a new user “suddenly a sale” or that sometimes they will have “surprise sale” from 199 to 9.99 lol. If you ever see it not on sale just go on incognito and you can see this “sudden sale appear” b/c they are using cookies to track.
- You can even just gift your main account the course, if you plan to keep it, thus always having an infinite sale whenever you want. [Be careful with this, they can sometimes flag you. I think just buying it on your main account when on sale, is best]
- Also Udemy has the most generous easiest return policy of 30 days. You just copy and paste the link for your course and they will refund you. I tend to keep the courses as references though for the future and b/c i appreciate the instructors, lol. But if you do end up hating a course, that 30 day money back guarantee is really great!
INCOGNITO / WAIT FOR A SALE > BUY ON MAIN OR GIFT TO MAIN > USE THE COURSE for 9.99 to 12.99 (Potentially return if you don’t like it, I tend to keep them)
AGAIN, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COURSE YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT COMPLETELY FREE, IT IS FREAKING AMAZING AND AUTOMATED SYSTEM, SO DO NOT FEAR ABOUT LOSING UR 9.99 to 12.99 IF YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT SUDDENLY NOT LIKING IT
Small Bonus tip:
If you have a VPN, go onto a VPN to Turkey > go incognito, make a new account, and the prices for courses will be significantly cheaper, since the turkish prices after conversion is 4.99 - 5.99 approximately in USD.
So there are two grokking courses! One is on educative.io and one is on designgurus.org. I believe what happened is that designgurus originally sold on educative.io, but decided to move their guide off of it, and wrote an updated version to their own website. For many reasons, I think that educative.io is unethical in some of its UI design, and I like that designgurus has a life time access for 80 dollars, so I overall support it more.
The biggest difference however is that DesignGuru does not have an inbuilt IDE on their page, like educative.io does. You can see this difference by checking out the free chapters on the courses.
Design Guru Grokking
For designguru there is no trick. It’s a simple 80 dollars life time access.
- MAKE SURE NOT TO CLICK THE 16.66 A MONTH. This is fake. If you click on it, it will have an asterisk, that this is based off a YEARLY payment, coming out close to 200 dollars.
- Instead, click the 80 dollars a year.
- EDIT: This is no longer an option. They now only do a subscription model. So as I said, not an ethical business imo.
- Algoexpert tips!
- VPN to turkey
- Go to Algoexpert
- Create an account / buy it
- Use clem at checkout as a 10% more discount code.